Thursday 19 November 2020

Generic language joke

A [NationalityB] walked into a shopping centre and saw an attractive shop. He walked inside and said in a thick [NationalityB] accent: Can you gimme a half kilo of cheese please?

Everyone began to laugh loudly. As the [NationalityB] walked away deeply offended, he thought to himself: If I learn to speak good [LanguageA], then they will not know I am [NationalityB].

He took course after course until he spoke flawless [LanguageA].

He went back to [NationA] and went into a shop. There he said in his best [LanguageA]: May I have half a loaf of sliced brown bread, four biscuits and a white milk loaf?

The shopkeeper began to laugh uproariously and said: You're [NationalityB], right?

The poor [NationalityB] was completely embarrassed and said: But I spoke perfect [LanguageA]. I don't have the slightest [NationalityB] accent.

The shopkeeper replied: You asked for bread. This is a butcher shop.

No comments: