Wednesday 31 March 2010

Jane Asher

While watching an old episode of The Saint (more on that later) the teenage daughter of The Invisible Millionaire caught my eye. From the credits I learnt that she was Jane Asher. I've seen that name before, I said to myself. A search confirmed it: she was once Paul McCartney's girlfriend, and is a well-known actress and writer today. And the years have been kind to her looks. Coincidentally I've just learnt to play And I Love Her and it turns out that this Lennon-McCartney song was inspired by her. I had the sheet music for this before but only recently got a version in F, which is a doddle to play compared to the original key of E. (I'm not good enough and don't have the time to transpose the key.)


So that was my interesting coincidence for that week.

No comments: